Shavua tov — a good new week to you.
Join us on Shabbat morning at 9:30am. We’ll be reading from the Torah portion known as Yitro, and services will be led by Rabbi Rachel.
Services will be followed at 11am by our Tu BiShvat seder — a mystical journey through the four worlds and the four seasons, and an opportunity to connect with the spiritual sap now rising in us as spring draws nearer. Please RSVP to let us know if you’re coming (so we can set up the right number of chairs.) There will be kids’ programming provided by Maggid David Arfa, both during services and during the seder. Bring a dairy / vegetarian dish to share for lunch:
If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s Torah portion, here are a few:
- 2006: Earth and whole stones (originally published at Radical Torah)
- 2006: Birthday d’var
- 2007: What is revealed (originally published at Radical Torah)
- 2009: The Deal [Torah poem]
- 2011: Coming Back Down [Torah poem]
- 2012: Caring for others, caring for ourselves
- 2013: A Special Transmission at Sinai
- 2014: Self-care and Tu BiShvat
- 2017: Yes we said yes we will yes
- And here are commentaries from the Union for Reform Judaism: Yitro.
Wishing you blessings,