Shabbat HaGadol (“The Great Shabbat”):
prepare your heart and soul for freedom!
March 23-24, 2018
Shabbat HaGadol is the special name given to the Shabbat before Passover. Join us for a Shabbaton (an immersive Shabbat experience) featuring Rabbi David Markus and Rabbi Rachel, aimed at helping you prepare your heart and soul for the Festival of Freedom.
Friday Night March 23:
- Shabbat Dinner (location and details TBD)
Saturday March 24:
- 9:30am Shabbat morning davenen (prayer) – Parshat Tzav (Eternal Flame)
- 11:30am Leisurely potluck Shabbat lunch
- 1:00-2:00 Prelude to Liberation
- 2:15-3:15 Intro to Jewish Angelology
- 3:30-4:30 Contemplative practice (Four-Angel Mincha / bedikat chametz)
- 4:45-5:45 Angels in the Outfield: Transcendence and Liberation
- 6:00-7:00 Time of Yearning: niggun and story
- 7:09pm Havdalah at sundown
We’re exploring the possibility of kids’ programming during the day on Shabbat so that families with children can fully participate. Stay tuned for more information. For now, please save the date and plan to join us!
(For more information see the weekend’s Facebook Event Page.)