Shavua tov — a good new week to you! Join us for our annual Shabbat Chanukah celebration and potluck at 5:30pm at CBI on Friday night, and for Shabbat morning services at 9:30 on Saturday morning led by Rabbi Pam Wax.
Please RSVP for the Chanukah celebration either at the Facebook event or by emailing the office (cbinadams at gmail dot com) so we know how many potatoes to peel. Bring your chanukiyah and candles on Friday night, and a vegetarian / dairy dish to share.
This week we’re reading from Miketz. If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s parsha, here are a few:
- 2006: The treasure of teshuvah
- 2008: Unrecognizable [Torah poem]
- 2012: S’fat Emet on Chanukah and on light
- 2012: On abundance and dreams
- 2014: Miketz and Chanukah: letting your light shine
- 2017: Miketz: Letting yourself dream
And here’s commentary from the URJ:
Hope to see you soon at CBI!