Shavua tov — a good new week to you!
Please be aware that there will not be Shabbat services at CBI this week. If you want to pray in community this Shabbat and/or if you need to say kaddish, you are welcome at the Jewish Religious Center at Williams College at 6pm on Friday night.
This week we’re reading from parashat Vayera. If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s parsha, here are a few:
- 2006: Radical Hospitality
- 2008: Silence [Torah poem]
- 2009: Aftermath [Torah poem]
- 2010: The Akedah Cycle [ten linked Torah poems about the binding of Isaac]
- 2010: The entrance to holiness
- 2012: Sodom and Gomorrah, Hurricane Sandy, and God
- 2013: Forgiving our ancestors: a practice for Vayera
- 2017: Visions of Renewal: Vayera and renewing our Judaism
And here are commentaries from the URJ:
We hope to see you soon at CBI!