Shavua tov — a good new week to you!
Please join us on Saturday at 9:30am for Shabbat morning services, followed by our Tu BiShvat seder at 11am, followed by an afternoon of learning and spiritual practice! (Read all about our Midwinter Shabbaton and join us for whatever you can!) This week we’re reading from parashat Beshalach, and this week’s Shabbat has a special name — Shabbat Shirah, “the Shabbat of Song” — because the Song at the Sea is in this week’s Torah portion.
If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s parsha, here are a few:
- 2006: Reading the song and singing our own
- 2007: Water from the rock
- 2009: The psalm I sing [Torah poem]
- 2009: Song for the seventh day
- 2010: Seven Miriam Stories [Torah poems]
- 2011: Enough [Torah poem]
- 2017: My strength, balanced with God’s song
And here are commentaries from the URJ:
Hope to see you soon at CBI! Please RSVP for the Tu BiShvat seder so we know how many chairs and tables to set up.