Shavua tov — a good new week to you!
Please join us on Saturday at 9am for gentle learning about some of the prayers and songs of Shabbat morning, and at 9:30am for Shabbat morning services led by Board member and Spiritual Life chair Steven Green. This week we’re reading from parashat Bo.
(Ever wondered what the word parashat means? The Hebrew word parashat means “the parsha of” or “the Torah portion of” — in other words, this is the Torah portion known by its first word, “Bo.” Each Torah portion or parsha has a name, usually the first word or the first notable word of the portion.)
If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s parsha, here are a few:
- 2006: Seeking compassion
- 2007: Ready or not
- 2009: Offering [Torah poem]
- 2011: Light and Ready [Torah poems]
- 2013: Inclusion and service
- 2014: All of us, bringing our all
- 2014: The Calling to Serve
- 2016: Shoes on, shoes off: spiritual journey and Shabbat consciousness
- 2017: With what we are to serve
- 2017: Exile and expansiveness
- 2018: “Come to Pharaoh,” and whom we choose to serve
And here are commentaries from the URJ:
Hope to see you soon at CBI!