Shavua tov — a (belated) good new week to you!
Please join us on Saturday at 9:30am for Shabbat morning services led by Rabbi Rachel. This week we’re reading from parashat Vayeshev.
If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s Torah portion, here are a few:
- 2005: The strange soap opera of Vayeshev
- 2005: Vayeshev and couture
- 2006: In dreams begin responsibility
- 2008: In the dark [Torah poem]
- 2012: For a reason [Torah poem]
- 2012: Drawing (on) our dreams [Torah poem]
- 2013: On Joseph and solitary confinement [Torah poem, written for T’ruah’s Human Rights Shabbat]
- 2013: The other story in this week’s Torah portion: Judah and Tamar
- 2014: Joseph, falling with style
- 2017: Joseph’s Amazing Technicolor Faith (at My Jewish Learning)
And here are commentaries from the URJ:
Chanukah is coming soon — the 25th of Kislev falls this year on the coming Sunday night, December 2. Here’s a potato pancake recipe from Smitten Kitchen, and a recipe for sufganiyot (jelly doughnuts — traditional Chanukah food in Israel). And here are resources for celebrating Chanukah at the URJ website.
Hope to see you soon at CBI!