Shavua tov — a (belated) good new week to you!
Please join us on Saturday at 9:30am for Shabbat morning services, where we will call Rachael Hermann to the Torah as bat mitzvah . This week we’re reading from parashat Vayera.
If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s Torah portion, here are a few:
- 2006: Radical Hospitality
- 2008: Silence [Torah poem]
- 2009: Aftermath [Torah poem]
- 2010: The Akedah Cycle [ten linked Torah poems about the binding of Isaac]
- 2010: The entrance to holiness
- 2012: Sodom and Gomorrah, Hurricane Sandy, and God
- 2013: Forgiving our ancestors: a practice for Vayera
- 2017: Visions of Renewal: Vayera and renewing our Judaism
And here are commentaries from the URJ:
Hope to see you soon at CBI!