Shavua tov — a good new week to you.
Join us on Shabbat morning at 9:30am. We’ll be reading from the Torah portion known as Tzav. And stay with us all day for our Shabbat HaGadol Shabbaton with visiting rabbi and scholar Rabbi David Markus as we prepare our hearts and souls for liberation!
If you’re joining us on Saturday, please let us know what you’re bringing for the Shabbat lunch potluck (vegetarian / dairy dishes, please) — you can RSVP to the office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s Torah portion, here are a few:
- 2006: Priestly ordination: hearing, doing, walking
- 2008: Tzav, “Command” [Torah poem]
- 2009: Red [Torah poem]
- 2014: Giving thanks in the present moment
- 2014: Torah-Talk with Shmuel Rosner (video chat about the parsha)
- 2016: A nation of priests
Here are a few commentaries from Rabbi David:
And here are commentaries from the Union for Reform Judaism: Tzav.
Hope to see y’all at CBI this coming Shabbat!
Wishing you blessings,