Shavua tov — a good new week to you.
Join us in bringing more light into the darkness! On Friday December 15 (Shabbat Chanukah), we’ll meet at 5:30pm.
Bring your own chanukiyah (menorah) – we’ll light them all together at 5:30, sing songs of Chanukah and Shabbat, and then celebrate Chanukah and Shabbat with a vegetarian / dairy potluck meal (bring a dish to share.) The synagogue will provide latkes made by Heather Levy and Tim Hermann, so let Heather and Tim know if you’d like to help!
RSVP at the Facebook event if you’re a FB user, or via e-mail to the synagogue if not, so we know how many chairs to set up.
If you need a refresher on the Chanukah blessings, you can find them at the URJ website here.
Also, join us on Shabbat morning at 9:30am. We’ll be reading from Miketz, and services will be led by me.
If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s Torah portion, here are a few:
- 2006: The treasure of teshuvah
- 2008: Unrecognizable [Torah poem]
- 2012: S’fat Emet on Chanukah and on light
- 2012: On abundance and dreams
- 2014: Miketz and Chanukah: letting your light shine
- And here are commentaries from the Union for Reform Judaism: Mikeitz.
Wishing you blessings,