Shavua tov — a good new week to you. And chodesh tov — a good new month to you; happy new month of Kislev!
Join us on Shabbat morning at 9:30am. We’ll be reading from Vayetzei, and services will be led by me.
If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s Torah portion, here are a few:
- 2006: Dreams, vows, and changes
- 2007: Wellsprings and dreams
- 2008: Dream [Torah poem]
- 2009: Hatch [Torah poem]
- 2013: God is in this place: short thoughts on Vayetzei
- 2015: Ladder
- 2016: Waking Up Again (in People & The Book / The Jerusalem Report)
- 2016: In this place
- And here are commentaries from the Union for Reform Judaism: Vayetzei.
This week will also contain the holiday of Thanksgiving. If you’re looking for a short-and-sweet prayer to say over your Thanksgiving table, or a singable one-line grace after meals to sing after you dine, you can download a pdf called “Thanksgiving Trio” from this blog post. And/or, of course, you can always pause before and/or after you dine to offer your own words of gratitude from your hearts.
Wishing you blessings,