Shavua tov — a good new week to you.
Join us on Shabbat morning at 9:30am for Shabbat morning services led by Rabbi Rachel — followed by our Tu BiShvat lunch seder at 11am. (Please RSVP for the seder so we know how best to prepare!)
(See flyer, below.)
There will also be a kids’ service with puppetry and Tu BiShvat activities in the classroom during the same time as the “regular” service — please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for that.
This week we’re reading parashat Beshalach. If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s Torah portion, here are a few:
- 2006: Reading the song and singing our own (originally published at Radical Torah)
- 2007: Water from the rock (originally published at Radical Torah)
- 2009: The psalm I sing [Torah poem]
- 2009: Song for the seventh day
- 2010: Seven Miriam Stories [Torah poems] – linked here because the Song of the Sea, whch is in this week’s Torah portion, figures prominently in this series of poems
- 2011: Enough [Torah poem]
And here are commentaries from the URJ: B’shalach at the URJ.
Many thanks to our shamashim, the members who host our Shabbat services each week. If you would like to join that group, please contact the office.
Blessings to all,
Don’t miss Tu BiShvat! RSVP now: