Shavua tov — a good new week to you.
Join us on Shabbat morning at 9:30am for Shabbat morning services led by Rabbi Rachel.
This week we’re reading parashat Shemot. If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s Torah portion, here are a few:
- 2007: Opening our hearts and our eyes
- 2009: Becoming [Torah poem]
- 2010: Labor [Torah poem]
- 2010: Seven Miriam Stories [Torah poems] – linked here because Miriam first appears in parashat Shemot, though she is not named until later in the story
- 2012: Names, and opening our eyes
- 2013: Choosing to be Ivrim
- 2013: Moses, love, and light
- 2015: Crying out, and the possibility of change
- 2016: On peeling away what protects us from the world
Here’s a commentary from my friend and colleague Rabbi David Evan Markus: Moses the Rookie Chaplain and the Burning Bush.
And here are commentaries from the URJ: Shemot at the URJ.
Many thanks to our shamashim, the members who host our Shabbat services each week. If you would like to join that group, please contact the office.
Blessings to all,