Join us on Shabbat morning at 9:30am for Shabbat morning services led by Rabbi Pam Wax, where we will mark Human Rights Shabbat.
This week we’re reading parashat Vayishlach. If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s Torah portion, here are a few:
- 2006: Beyond binaries: Jacob and Israel
- 2007: The meaning of the kiss
- 2008: Encounter [Torah poem]
- 2010: Blessing myself
- 2012: On names and naming
- 2012: The Face of God
- 2013: Seeing the wrestle as a blessing
- 2013: On the silencing of Dinah, and rape culture today
- 2013: The nighttime wrestle
- 2014: Alone and not alone
- 2016: Evolving, like Pokémon (at The Wisdom Daily)
And here are commentaries from the URJ: Vayishlach at the URJ.
Many thanks to our shamashim, the members who host our Shabbat services each week. If you would like to join that group, please contact the office.
Blessings to all,