Dear Congregation Beth Israel members and friends,
Shavua tov / a good week to all, and chodesh tov, a good month to all — the new month of Cheshvan begins this Tuesday, November 1.
Join us this coming Friday evening for a potluck dinner at 6pm followed by Kabbalat Shabbat services! Please RSVP to the office so we know how many chairs to set up.
And join us on Shabbat morning at 9:30am for Shabbat morning services. This week we’re reading parashat Noach, the second portion in the Torah. If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s Torah portion, here are a few:
- 2005: On stories and floods
- 2006: Leaving the ark
- 2008: Integration [Torah poem]
- 2009: Blameless [Torah poem]
- 2012: Insights on Babel: how groupthink damages our relationship with God
- 2013: Deep waters: a d’var Torah for parashat Noach
- 2014: Go into the word and reveal the light
- 2015: White light, rainbows, and the soul
And here are commentaries from the URJ: Noach at the URJ.
Many thanks to our shamashim, the members who host our Shabbat services each week. If you would like to join that group, please contact the office.
Blessings to all,