Shavua tov – a good week to you!
This coming Shabbat morning, services will be led by Rabbi Pam Wax and we’ll read from parashat Vayishlach. We’ll also celebrate our member Marc Jaffe as he is called to the Torah as a bar mitzvah, honoring his lifetime as a son of the commandments.
If you’d like to read some commentaries on this week’s Torah portion, some links follow:
- 2006: Beyond binaries: Jacob and Israel
- 2007: The meaning of the kiss
- 2008: Encounter [Torah poem]
- 2010: Blessing myself
- 2012: On names and naming
- 2012: The Face of God
- 2013: Seeing the wrestle as a blessing
- 2013: On the silencing of Dinah, and rape culture today
- 2013: The nighttime wrestle
- 2014: Alone and not alone
And here’s the URJ’s compilation of commentaries on this week’s Torah portion: Vayishlach.
Many thanks to our shamashim, the members who host our Shabbat services each week. If you would like to join that group, please contact Pattie Lipman.
We hope to see you soon at CBI!