Shavua tov – a good week to you!
This week we’re reading the Torah portion known as Shemot (Names) — the first portion in the book of Shemot, known in English as Exodus.
- 2007: Opening our hearts and our eyes
- 2009: Becoming [Torah poem]
- 2010: Labor [Torah poem]
- 2010: Seven Miriam Stories [Torah poems] – linked here because Miriam first appears in parashat Shemot, though she is not named until later in the story
- 2012: Names, and opening our eyes
- 2013: Choosing to be Ivrim
- 2013: Moses, love, and light
And here’s the URJ’s compilation of commentaries on this week’s Torah portion: Sh’mot | Reform Judaism.
This coming Shabbat, services will be led by Rabbi Pam Wax at 9:30am with Torah study to follow around 11ish, as usual.
Thanks to Helene Armet for our home-baked challah, and thanks to our shamashim, the members who host our Shabbat services each week.
We hope to see you soon at CBI!