Dear Congregation Beth Israel members and friends,
Whoops! When we sent you the email on Monday anticipating Shabbat Vayeishev, we accidentally sent next week’s Torah information instead of this week’s Torah information. Apologies for the error.
This week we are in Shabbat Vayishlach, and services will be led by Rabbi Rachel. If you’d like to read some commentaries on the parsha, here are some of Rabbi Rachel’s divrei Torah for parashat Vayishlach:
- 2006: Beyond binaries: Jacob and Israel
- 2007: The meaning of the kiss
- 2008: Encounter [Torah poem]
- 2010: Blessing myself
- 2012: On names and naming
- 2012: The Face of God
- 2013: Seeing the wrestle as a blessing
- 2013: On the silencing of Dinah, and rape culture today
- 2013: The nighttime wrestle
And here is a compilation of Reform commentaries on Vayishlach: Vayishlach | Reform Judaism.
Blessings to all for a sweet Shabbat!