Dear Congregation Beth Israel members and friends,
Shavua tov / a (slightly belated) good week to you!
This week we’re reading the Torah portion called Re’eh in the book of Deuteronomy. The name of the Torah portion is a hyperlink; click on it to be taken to the Torah portion in English if you want to read the portion before coming to Shabbat services. If you would like to read some commentaries on this week’s Torah portion, here are a few:
- 2005: Thoughts on kashrut, Rabbi Rachel
- 2006: The God we know, Rabbi Rachel
- 2008: Not empty-handed [Torah poem], Rabbi Rachel
- 2009: Ear [Torah poem], Rabbi Rachel
- 2012: Blessing and curse, Rabbi Rachel
- Re’eh (See) (commentary by a Jewish Renewal rabbi, Rabbi Shefa Gold)
- Re’eh: Reform Commentaries (the Union for Reform Judaism’s page for this Torah portion, which contains several different Reform commentaries)
This Shabbat, our shaliach tzibbur (prayer leader) for morning services will be Rabbi Rachel, and we will celebrate Cole Filson as he is called to the Torah as a bar mitzvah.
We extend a hearty thank you in advance to this week’s service hosts. If you would like to join the shamashim (“helpers”) who welcome people to our Shabbat services and who host our light kiddush afterwards, contact Pattie Lipman.
We hope to see you soon at CBI. Have a great week!